Friday, April 18, 2014

Don't Fence Me In

If you are going to build a tool, app, service, don't fence me into your environment. Yeah, I know you want all the advertising profit you can get. But, let me do what I need to do and your profits will be even larger because I will use your products more. Let me copy text and images. Let me "share" to other services, not just those you own. Nothing is more frustrating than being restricted by the tool or service I will do what I want even if takes more effort to do it, so you might as well make it easier for me to do it using your tools. It will only increase my use of your system -- are you listening Microsoft, Google, Apple?

I want to blog, comment, post like I want to blog, comment or post, not the way you want me to, and I will choose the tools, apps, and infrastructures that best let me do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment