Monday, February 3, 2020

The Buy Shit Channel

I like to look at news and social media in the morning. This take the place of reading the newspaper for me. But in doing so, I have come to the realization that many of the “channels” which purport to give you news on trends and technology are really “buy shit” channels.

They often just post PR from manufacturers and sellers without adding anything to them. I’m sure they are getting commissions for anything sold when you click on the links in the articles.

So, I’m wondering that they are really up to. Are they just trying to get us to buy more shit we don’t need in order to impress people we don’t really like? I think so.

Makes me want to just curl up on a corner and not look at anything at times. I think I’ll put down the tablet and go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment